Monday, May 28, 2012

With Apologies to The Beatles


Hey ...you, don't take it wrong,
What was your name - hey, was it Betty?
Remember that time you forgot my cat,
His name was not Fred, it was Edward.

Hey ...you, don't be angry,
Your name, it is hard to remember,
The second you leave I forget your name,
I've only known you since ...December?

Anytime I can't recall your name, hey ...you, restrain,
Don't forget that time you thought me older,
Oh well sure it was just a year but you were wrong,
But recall I was not a big scolder.
No no no, no no, no no no no

Hey ...you, please drop your frown,
I know your birthday's in ...November?,
September is close enough on my part,
It shows I'm trying to remember.

So just be calm and say your name, hey... you, Megan?
You're waiting for someone to remember,
And don't you know that it's just you?  Hey ...you, it'll do
The forename we need you could just tell me.
No no no, no no, no no no no, nah

Hey you, don't take it wrong,
What was your name - hey, was it Betty?
Remember that time you forgot my cat,
HIs name was not Fred, it was Edward.
Edward, Edward, Edwward, Edward, Edward, no!

No comments:

Post a Comment