Friday, June 15, 2012

Why Obama Will Lose

Breaking my rule on talking about current events on the blog for a moment...

Obama looks doomed from my perspective.  Which, I have to admit, was entirely unexpected, at least for me.

It's not just that he's losing ground.

It's that he's trying to keep from losing that ground.

He's trying to -maintain- a lead.  That's not good strategy.  It doesn't matter who is leading today.  What matters is who is leading on election day.

It looks to me like his camp is throwing their best punches against Romney right now.  What are they going to have left five months from now, after Romney has recovered and regrouped and Bain Capital's activities are old news?

Obama is trying to win every battle.  The battles aren't important, the war is important.  And Romney's camp looks determined to win the war, not the battles; from all appearances to me, they're waging a defensive war right now, and holding back for a more strategic series of strikes when they'll matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment